Friday, August 19, 2011

House Progress as of 8/14

So these are not truly up to date because we now have brick on the front of the addition! And when we stopped on Thursday, the HVAC was getting installed, most of the wiring is in and plumbing. We have tubs people! Never thought I'd be so excited about tubs!

I feel the need to share these amusing (at least amusing to me) emails that happen back and forth daily between Chuck and I. And, if we email him in the evening like 10-11 o'clock we will get a response back almost immediately. I swear these people never sleep!
Examples of emails he gets from me on a daily basis. :-)

From: Angela
Subject: Built-ins
To: "Chuck" 
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 11:19 AM



We've been talking about built-ins in various rooms of the house. I wanted to make a list to make sure we are on the same page. 

  • Column with small shelf to the right of the front door. (We were actually going to do this on either side of the entrance to the TV room, but that might not work now with the breakfast nook) What are your thoughts on that placement? Regardless, we had 1-2 of these in the original plans. I would possibly like 1 at the far side of the entrance to the TV room, that is, if you 2 don't have a heart attack because there isn't one on the other side to make it "center."
  • Shelving in the guest bath.
  • desk at side entrance
  • some sort of appliance garage in that space near the guest  bedroom (can you get me pricing on these and maybe a sketch of what it will look like?)
  • 2 wardrobes (one in each kid's room)
  • playroom built-ins-are there 2 on each side of the room? It looks like it's framed for something on each wall, but we weren't sure 
  • maybe something in the kid's rooms. I've attached a picture of a few ideas I like. But I always like your suggestions too.(not really the window seat, just shelves with drawers in that 2nd pic) I really like the little nook in the first pic and thought it might go well in that space in Parker's room maybe adding some shelving or drawers. 
  • I really like the bookshelf ides, but it may be overkill because we have so much built-in space in the playroom. But it would fit perfectly at the top of the stairs. I also like how there is wood at the top and the railing on the stairs. (what is the plan for a railing?)

Did I miss any?

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:30:57 -0700
From: Chuck
Subject: Re: Built-ins
To: Angela

OK; I'm going to take an extra Zantac and try to digest all of this...

Thanks.

Chuck 
Design & Project Manager
AJH Renovations, LLC

From: Angela  
Subject: RE: Built-ins
To: "Chuck" 
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 11:38 AM



What?! It's mostly stuff we've already talked about. :-)



On Aug 18, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Chuck wrote:
Yes, but the pictures all need to be coordinated with the spaces we have.  I went back over to the house before lunch and re-measured the various places around the house where we're planning bookshelves, nooks, built-ins, etc.  I will draw each of them up in detail so that we all know what we're doing...including the cabinetmaker.

I'm still not quite sure what to do about the breakfast nook - at first the plan was that you would buy a complete set; but it looks like it might be better, and probably cheaper, to build one out of the various component features that you like.  I'll draw something on that and see what you think.

Chuck
Design & Project Manager
AJH Renovations, LLC

From: Angela  
Subject: RE: Built-ins
To: "Chuck" 


What in the world are you going to do when this is over?!


Sent from my iPhone


And a perfect response because I am working with TWO engineers on this house-Chuck and Matt and OMG the centering and tedious-ness is driving me to drink:



Go home and straighten all the pictures on my walls.

Chuck 


His responses crack me up. But I also know I am, how should I put this, demanding? And Pinterest? Let's just say it's not leaving me short of ANY ideas!

And now for pictures:
Photobucket

Cupola which is the ceiling of the playroom.
Photobucket

Inside of the cupola.
Photobucket
Back of the house
Photobucket

Part of our kitchen and family room
Photobucket


11 comments:

rachael August 19, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

looks like it going to be great!!!! the e-mail crack me up! :)

rachael August 19, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

OMG ... i can't type! excuse my 100 typos! yikes ;)

Dad,  August 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

Looks awesome Angela, I'm getting a better feel as to what your house is becoming. Very nice... can''t wait till I'm standing in front of the finished product.

Mom,  August 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Where's the guest room and will it be completed first?!

Andrea August 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

Looks like it's going to be amazing! I also love the emails, they make me laugh!!!

Lacey August 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

WOW! It looks great! It's really coming together and I can finally picture it! I'm with Neens...where's our bedroom at?! :)

Anonymous,  August 20, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

Looks awesome! Totally coming together. And those emails are beyond awesome. Of course my fav is the taking an extra zantac...sounds like chuck may need an extra Xanax :)

Jackie August 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

Oh. my. gosh! It's amazing!

molly August 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

it looks awesome! how funny mr chuck is!

Unknown August 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Thanks for the clarification D! Hah! I didn't even catch that. Apparently Mr. Chuck does not take xanax or zantac...

Unknown August 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM  

Guest room is on the first floor with all the action. Now taking reservations for Fall of 2011!!

Popular Posts

The McConville Family Est. 5/6/06

Search

Labels

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP