3 months
Dear Parker,
You are THREE months old already. How fast these last 3 months have been. You are growing little girl and we love you more and more each day.

You have officially found your hands and your voice. You love to shriek and squeal especially when we talk to you. I think you are warming up those vocal cords and you are bound to be a talker like your momma. You still won't take a paci. You gag and spit it out and I've pretty much given up on trying to give it to you. At least we won't have a paci-addict on our hands, uh-um, like someone we know. :-)

You have started on a routine already. It wasn't instigated by me, but it is definitely welcome. You cat-nap all morning and we switch on and off from sleeping to eating to playing to changing to smiling and repeat. You have your last feeding at 1ish and then you go down for a nice long nap and I don't want to brag (well really it wasn't my doing so I don't have a right), but you sleep at the same time as your brother which means momma gets some time! It is so nice. You wake up 4-5 hours later and eat and hang out for a while, sometimes napping in my or Daddy's arms and by 7 o'clock, you are ready for bed for the night. You are usually down for the night by 8 at the latest and then you sleep 8-9 hours, wake up to eat and go back down for 5 more.

You still REALLY hate your car seat and I'm not sure how this 12 hour drive is going to pan out, but we'll soon find out. You'd much rather be held by me (or Daddy) so the Ergo Carrier works out really well on errands and such. I wasn't sure if you were going to like it and I was hesitant to buy it, but it works out perfectly and you prefer it to being in the car seat in the stroller.

You got lots of toys for Christmas, including your first Barbie and first baby doll (you actually got 2 of each). You have started taking an interest in "toys" and can be entertained by a select few, but I know your interest will only grow more.
You're a smiley little peanut. I have said from the beginning that you have smiled with your eyes from birth and you continue to do so.

You have the biggest piercing blue eyes I have ever seen on a baby...they sometimes look like glass. Although your brother did too and now his are green. :-) And you truly are a petite little peanut. You're so dainty and the biggest thing on you is your eyes and your CHEEKS. They are so squishy and kissable. But everything else about you is so tiny.

If I had to guess, I would say you are maybe close to 12 pounds but that's just an estimate. We'll find out for sure in January. You are just starting to grow into your 3 month clothes. All the newborn stuff is put away and if you don't stop growing in length we'll have to break out the 3-6 months.
Keep growing baby girl, but not too fast.
Love,
Momma


4 comments:
Such a little beauty!
She is such a little sweetheart! I'm jealous of all the napping she's doing. My second, well, let's just say he doesn't require much sleep at all and it makes for a very sleep mama, lol.
I can't believe she's 3 months already.
Why doesn't she smile like that when I'm around?!?! Well maybe I will get some smiles tonight!!!
She's beautiful Ange. She looks just like you. Happy New Year.
Post a Comment