Friday night dance party
Historically our Friday nights, that once consisted of Happy Hour and fine dining, now consist of playing with toys, having a dance party and cooking dinner. Matt gets home from work. Turns off my country music. Turns on a little Stevie and we start dancing. Lane LOVES it. He loves to dance and frankly I love his dancing. He always does this arm thing with his shoulder and as of lately adds a little turn in there to get his feet moving. He likes to groove by himself, but LOVES when one of us pick him up and dance with him.
I must admit he was a little camera shy, but you get the idea.
I must admit he was a little camera shy, but you get the idea.
This particular dance party seemed to be the Granny and Papa edition...Earth, Wind, and Fire, Temptations, Barry White....all their favs.
After dancing we decided to set up one of Lane's toys from Christmas that he hasn't gotten to yet.
Daddy worked.
Lane played with some of the parts.
Mommy took self-portraits of her and Lane.
A screwdriver.
Cheese!
This one makes me laugh cause of his face. At the time I snapped the pic, Matt started the drill and this is Lane's reaction.
"I think it goes right here"
"Yep, perfect fit!"
"Now lets see what kind of work he does"
"That's it Dad, good job"
And I guess you are wondering exactly what toy
Since going out is pretty much a thing of the past we use cooking as a Friday/Saturday night activity. We usually feed Lane early and wait until he's in bed so we can enjoy the process. Open a bottle of wine and work as a team in the kitchen. Pretty fun! This past Friday we made spinach and pine nut ravioli with ricotta cheese. They turned out pretty good. We had never made ravs from scratch before. And there you have it. Weekends as parents of a toddler.


3 comments:
Love Lane's and Daddy's dancing! And I love the face Lane is making when he hears the screw driver start!!!
I give an A for totally awesome! I am loving the shoulder action! Can't wait to see a pic of the tool bench :-)
That boy definately has rhythm! That shoulder/hand thing is the cutest thing ever! It's amazing how our weekend nights change when we become parents, but we can still have so much fun!
Post a Comment