Thursday, January 14, 2010

1/14/2010

pregnancy



Well today I found out that Lane is going to be a BIG BROTHER!! I'm 2 days shy of my period, but couldn't wait to test. I am technically 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Who finds out that they are pregnant at 3 weeks you ask....me! I know it's crazy early. I will probably wait to call the Dr. for at least a week or 2. If I remember correctly last time, they do not see you until around 8 weeks or so, so I have time.

I am due 9/24/2010. My sister really wanted us to wait until after her wedding cause in her words "you wanna drink and have fun don't you and I don't want you walking around with 2 babies hanging off your boobs." Honest to truth, that's what she said and it made me laugh. She makes me laugh a lot. And it also made me think that I did wanna drink and have fun and Lane was at such an "easy" age, meaning he could be away from me for long periods of time, that it seemed perfect. So we did plan to wait, but she never said how long we should wait...

So there you have it. The McFamily is expanding to 4!

1/15/2010
So Day 2 of being pregnant. It's so weird to think about. Every once in a while I'll stop and think and it catches me off guard...I'm pregnant. Wow! I am feeling pretty good. I have very very mild nausea. Which was a "sign" to me before I took a test. I also have a super super heightened sense of smell which was another sign, but other than that I just feel like me. Last night I sat on our bed while Lane looked at a book and Matt came over and started talking to my stomach. I laughed because I told him "You realize you are talking to a mass of cells right now, right?" (I believe blastocyst is the correct term) He said, "I know, I know, but I didn't do this last time. I was too taken back and nervous and all the stuff you feel when you find out you are going to be a dad for the first time." Anyway, it made me smile. And then Lane started in on patting and putting his face up to my stomach, but I think he was just fascinated with my belly button.

1/16/2010
Day # 3: I woke up with pretty bad cramps today. I was a little nervous as my period was supposed to start, but nothing so far. I'm thinking it might have been something I ate last night. I then jumped in the shower to get ready to go into The Shop. I worked all day with just an overall feeling of happiness and excitement. As usual, I have to keep my blood sugar up so going long periods of time without eating is not good for me when I wasn't pregnant so it really isn't good for me when I am pregnant. I made sure to eat a good breakfast of eggs and blueberries, lots of water, and my pre-natal which I have been taking for a good 3 months now. My Dr. always advised me to start them prior to getting pregnant so they would be in my system and it just makes for an overall healthy start. I already find myself cradling Lane or rocking him before nap because pretty soon he will be "my oldest" and that is just hard for me to believe.

1/17/2010
I've already signed up for a pregnancy app on my phone. It's pretty neat. It gives you a calendar of how far along you are, what is going on with the baby and your body at the time, and it also has a library for belly pictures. I thought this was a really good way to stay organized. You just take the pic with your phone and then it saves it under the day and then you can scroll through each time and see the progress and also know exactly when each one was taken. It's pretty strange how the "baby" is only a ball of cells right now, but still has many distinct features that will soon be the heart, brain, etc. Apparently there isn't even a placenta forming yet. The "baby" is connected by various tiny roots and is receiving nourishment that way. It's just so amazing...the body and its capabilities.

1/20/2010
Well today is Matt's b-day. I got up at 6am (which is very early for me) to make him breakfast and then I worked on some stuff until Lane got up. We had breakfast and headed to the gym. I did a step class that kicked my butt. I'm thinking I should not do such vigorous workouts, but I don't know. I definitely listen to my body and don't overdue anything. After the gym I went to the store to pick up the ingredients for Matt's cake. Came home, put Lane down, started the cake around 11:30ish. It's now 1:30 and I am about 1/2 of the way done with the cake. It's all baked, I just have to frost and freeze, frost and freeze, and repeat until 6 layers are frosted and sitting on top of each other. My back is hurting from standing all day and now Lane's awake. I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant.

1/23/2010
Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think that whole +pregnancy test was not real. I do not feel pregnant at all. My patience is zero to none, I have to pee a lot, and the minute I hit the couch in the evenings I fall asleep, but that's it. I still haven't called the Dr. I am going to wait one more week. And then I will be 6 weeks and closer to getting an appointment. A part of me wishes I had some sort of symptoms though. It makes me worry and I feel nervous that something isn't right.

1/27/2010
Oh yeah, I'm pregnant. It's basically the feeling I get every so often and then I think back if I "did" anything a pregnant woman shouldn't be doing! Haha! It's so different from the first pregnancy. It was always on my mind. This one, not so much. I guess because a certain someone takes my mind off of it. I called the Dr. today and made an appointment for fear that if I waited another week it would be into March before they could see me. My appointment is 2/10. It's just blood work and "meetings" with the nurse and stuff. If I remember from last time, I'll probably have to go back for a pap and the rest of the beginning stuff and then sometime in March, hopefully, have the first ultra sound. I am 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I will be about 7 1/2 weeks when I go for my first appt.

2/1/2010
Did I say I wasn't nauseous. Oh yeah, I didn't really mean it. Starting last week I became nauseous and repulsed by any type of food besides cheese fries and fruit. Breakfast is not an issue. I can eat cereal, eggs, toast, pancakes, with the best of them. It's just when lunchtime looms I feel a little green. I have only thrown up one lunch, well actually it was 1/2 of lunch because I didn't make it that far and ever since then, I have been avoiding lunch. I'll just snack on trail mix or eat an apple or some blueberries or a piece of cheese.

Anything with meat has me running to the bathroom (to throw up) and the smell of meat cooking absolutely disgusts me. So needless to say we have been somewhat vegan or Matt prepares and eats the meat while I plug my nose, drink some water, and look the other way! 6 weeks, 3 days today...and still trying to decide when to tell everyone.

2/5/2010
The nausea comes and goes, but it's definitely present the majority of the day. I'm very food picky and I've never been that way. Feeling very tired and unmotivated...could be why my blog is sufferring. I have no energy or creativity to go upstairs, turn on the computer, and post. I have plenty of videos and pictures, they just aren't exciting me enough to share! Sorry blog readers for not sharing Lane with you! Hopefully I'll get better or maybe this is what it will be like with 2 little ones running around. Time and energy taken up by them=no time or energy to blog. Today I am 7 weeks and very excited for my appt. on Wed. I also am dealing with my first bout of, what I think, are kidney stones. I've had them before with Lane, but they didn't hit until 27 weeks. Lord help me, if they are starting this early.

2/9/2010
The nausea has subsided this week. It's such a roller coaster. I still have weird food aversions though and I'm extremely exhausted by 7:00 pm. Matt jokingly says..."Who will fall asleep first tonight? Mommy or Lane?" Although it's not a joke. I literally fall asleep the minute I hit the couch. My uterus is twice it's normal size and although I really don't have any bloat, I can kind of see my once-flat stomach, curving out a bit. Obviously not noticeable to anyone but myself. My sister KNOWS I'm pregnant, but I haven't told her. She analyzes my every word and says, "Does that mean you're pregnant?" Even 800 miles away we have the sisterly thing going on. I would love to tell her, but I really think I need to go to the Dr. before letting the cat out of the bag. Tomorrow at 10 is the 'big' appointment. And then we get to decide how and when we are going to let everyone know the BIG news! 7 weeks, 4 days and baby is the size of a  raspberry.

2/16/2010
So I'm still here and still pregnant...baby is the size of an olive...speaking of olives...I love them and eat them all the time. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it...I also love pepperoncini. MMMMMM! MMM! I remember loving pepperoncini when I was pregnant with Lane. Apparently at 8-10 weeks your hormones are starting to level off so I have not been sick and all symptoms have subsided except the tired one...that will probably remain for a while.
We have sort of decided we will let people know as they get here. We have a whole SLEW of visitors coming starting at the end of this month and ending in May...it's pretty much non-stop visitors for those 2 months! I am so excited! So the first "victim" up is Uncle Ryan. The first time around we bought him a t-shirt that said "Uncle Ryan" and wrapped it up for him to open. The Uncle Ryan thing is kind of an inside joke that started way before he was an uncle! The following week it's my parents turn. Then it's our friend Matt from Peoria...we even have our ultra sound scheduled during his visit so hopefully he will watch Lane for us! The week after that is Ali and Luke and not far behind them is Ed and Loretta. It will be so fun to tell everyone in person!

2/22/2010
I am nearing 10 weeks and still noone knows I'm pregnant. It's so weird to talk to everyone, especially my mom because I tell her everything so I always want to blurt out something about the pregnancy. Things are going good. Symptoms are under control, except the moodiness...my word the moodiness. And my favorite lunch right now...grilled cheese with turkey (heated turkey-apparently this time around no lunch meat and if I do have it I'm supposed to heat it first. Last pregnancy they told me to limit my intake to two times a week.), tomatoes and spinach for healthiness and pickles, well beause I'm pregnant! Anyway, I am counting down the days until I get my first ultrasound.  

2/27/2010
Big milestone for McBaby...at 10 weeks (and 1 day) old all the major and critical developments have taken place and now it's time for the rest to happen. I hope I did everything right! Baby is now in the fetal period and starting to develop tiny details like finger nails and peach fuzz. In 3 weeks I'll be out of the first trimester and able to breathe a little easier.  

3/6/2010
Anticiapting the arrival of my parents and sharing the news!!! I am feeling great. No more nausea. Still a little picky about what I want to eat, but eh, not a big deal. I'm happy some nights with an english muffin with peanut butter for dinner. I am feeling so good, that I am starting to wonder...again, but I think it's natural at this early stage in the game, right?! I am soo sooo sooo looking forward to our ultrasound. I talked to my best friend Caitlin, yesterday, and had to tell her the news. I could not keep it from her. Sorry Mom! It will be more fun to tell you in person...;-) And trust me when I say, this has been super hard keeping it from you for 11 WEEKS! Wow, we're getting near the end of the 1st trimester. Bring on the 2nd trimester!

3/8/2010
I was up at 4 this morning. I fall asleep so early, last night I think it was 8:30, that sleeping much past 4 proves to be hard. I saw the very first "skit" of the Oscars and then it was off to dream world. I commented on friend's blogs and they are going to be like "What in the world is she doing up so ealry?!" I also got a post of my own written and posted before 5:30. Ha! I then spent 2.5 hours uploading and posting pics and finalizing my St. Patrick's Day cards. I hope my energy lasts like this all day or else I may be taking an afternoon nap with Lane.

3/18/2010
Finally the ultrasound. It was a whole family affair. The feeling is amazing (even the 2nd time around :-) of getting to see your little tiny 13 week old baby on the screen. Amazing! It wasn't super active, but we got some waves, hands to the mouth, and kicks while we visited. The feeling was surreal of my big baby running around the ultrasound room and talking in the background while we listened to the heartbeat of our little baby and watched it bounce around inside of me. I measured 8 days later than they originally calculated. I was 12 weeks, but according to the ultrasound measurements I was 13 weeks 1 day. But I will be ready whenever it does decide to come. Lane was 8 days early, so that was a weird coincidence.

3/31/2010
In one more day, the secret will really be out. Ed and Loretta are coming and we will get to share the news and then it's time to tell the world! I cannot believe I held out this long. Oh and P.S. I am 1 week into my 2nd trimester!

4/3/2010
Today I felt McBaby kick for the first time. I am 15 weeks 2 days and I was sitting on the couch before Matt and I headed out for date night. I wouldn't exactly call it a kick like the 20 weeker can do, but it definitely was a good jab. Followed by a few more and a few sporadic ones since then.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  April 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Im really loving this post, of course the march 16th post, only you would start writing only to be distracted my yummy tasting food LOL...If I do that i gain 2 lbs. But hey that's the story of genetics and god bless you have for having some good ones!! Glad you are feeling good! We need to catch up try to call u soon! PS tell the Mcconvilles the Alteri's say hello!!! and of course matt lane and harley!

Andrea April 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

This is a great post! How awesome that you have all of this documented! I wish I would've documented this well! But like you, I did fine out at 3 weeks as well. We were trying, and I just knew! So, how did you tell everyone? I bet your family is so excited!!! Hopefully Lacey won't be too far behind you, so you can have little ones close in age? CONGRATS again!!!

Unknown April 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

You are making me want to cry! I am so excited for you and Matt and Lane to welcome another baby to your family. It has it's ups and downs and hard days for sure, but it is so special to see your family grow and to watch your baby become a big brother!

Popular Posts

The McConville Family Est. 5/6/06

Search

Labels

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP