Happy Birthday to Lane's Daddy!
Yesterday we celebrated Matt's 29th birthday. I got up early and made him breakfast and then I spent a good part of the day baking his cake. He picked pork chops for dinner and I made squash and scalloped potatoes to go with it. Well, I call them scalloped, but I don't really know what they are. I cut up red potatoes and then I add milk, goat cheese, garlic, butter, and a little bit of sour cream, whatever you wanna call them, Matt loves them so it was fitting for his b-day meal. After dinner he opened his present from us, a Kindle, which he was very surprised by and then we had cake.
Happy Birthday Daddy!


6 comments:
WOW Ange awesome cake-how did you do that? and those potatoes sound pretty good too! Happy Birthday to Matt! Yikes I don't want to pass the age of 29...
Wow...the whole meal sounds yummy! The cake is awesome...maybe you could give up the secret to how you did it?? Love the pic of them in the background behind the cake...you think of everything!
Happy Birthday Matt!!!
I am going to need more info about this cake...it looks like a lot of work! Please send me the recipe. And how did Matt like the Kindle???
Mmmm,pork chops were Lacey's birthday meal of choice, also! member?
happy bday to matt!
and yay for the cake! it's really not too bad, did ya think?! my family refers to it as the "coming out" cake, mwahaha!
Thanks! The cake was fabulous. I could have done without the present for Matt because he was so impressed with the cake! The only problem is we have TONS of cake. I think I will take some to the Y for the ladies that watch Lane and maybe my neighbors. Lord knows if it stays here I will be eating it!
Post a Comment